As many have been working very hard this year during this difficult economy to pay off their debt, we have been working on this as well. I have lately come up with my list of my:
Financial Vows to become Debt-Free!
1. Only out to lunch once a week
2. Trip to Caribou only once during pay week. (so every other week...which is down from twice a week, eek!)
3. I will think about each item before making a purchase.
4. I will use things up at home before purchasing more non-essentials.
5. We will treat ourselves to one dinner out a month.
6. Only one happy hour a month.
7. The credit card will only be used for online purchases.
8. I will not buy extra pop from the vending machine. (one of the difficult ones for me)
9. I will not buy anymore clothes until I get rid of some.
10. I will do at least 3 mystery shops a month to help with extra income.
11. We will put away $20 a month of my paycheck to our emergency fund.
What are some of your/your family's financial goals to become debt free? I would love to hear them!