There are so many ways out there that different people have noted on how to save money. Here are a few that we've found to work for us:
1. Bring lunch to work rather than go out to eat.
2. Shop at garage sales and thrift stores.
3. Shop around before making big purchases.
4. Compare Sunday ads and make our shopping lists.
5. Use coupons, and use them often! Match up sales, store coupons, and manufacturer coupons to maximize the savings.
6. Use Register Rewards at Walgreens and Extra Care Bucks at CVS for all purchases.
7. Got rid of our landline phone, we just use our cell phones anyways.
8. Make a budget each month, revise, and stick to it!
9. Rarely use credit cards anymore. If we do use them, we pay the balance off each month.
10. Sign up for freebies and search for coupons online.
11. I use mass transit to get to work rather than driving.
We also sell items on EBay, Craigslist, Etsy to make a little extra money. Use extra money made to pay down debt (those darn student loans!).
What have you found to work best for your family?